Thursday, August 04, 2011

Leaving Canada = Confirmed

Very late last night (11:53 pm) I received confirmation that my flights have finally been booked. On Saturday, I fly from Kelowna to Seattle at 6:00 am; then at 2:00 pm I fly to Frankfurt and arrive the next day at 9:05 am. The final leg is Frankfurt to Helsinki on Sunday at 2:25 pm.
YAY I FINALLY KNOW HOW & WHEN I LEAVE!!!!
Let this be an open invitation to anyone who wants to see me off at the Kelowna Airport on Saturday morning, 5:00ish... I doubt that many people (or anyone) will take advantage of this offer. But if you plan on it, let me know so I don't go through security without seeing you.
I am flying from Seattle to Frankfurt with 9 other exchange students and Frankfurt to Helsinki with 14 others (at least).
I have recently been in contact with the president of my host rotary club, who is also the principal of my high school. If you are interested in my school in Kauhava, check out this link(http://web.kauhava.fi/lukio/) and click on "Kauhava in a Nutshell". It looked like there are many opportunities to travel with my school. Also, interesting fact that I will be there when the school celebrates its 90th Anniversary.
In an email from my councillor it said "If you play ice hockey it is possible to play in Kauhava"...I thought well I definitely break at least one stereotype of a Canadian.
On Monday night the Snowbirds performed an airshow over the lake (top picture). Interesting fact: the Finnish flying team like the Snowbirds are based out of Kauhava. After the show, my mom organized a great get together at the Twisted Tomato downtown with my friends and family as a final farewell dinner. (bottom picture)
Yesterday I drove to Armstrong to spend some last time with my Grandma and her little dog Tucker. We ate at a restaurant called Tucker's Restaurant (it is coincidence that the restaurant and dog have the same name). She sent me home with a carton of Orange Juice as a parting gift.
Although my room is now (almost) spotless, I have yet to start packing my belongings.

No comments:

Post a Comment